ስለ ሆ.ቴ.ሥ.ማ.ኢ. /Historical Background
የሆቴልና ቱሪዝም ስራ ማሰልጠኛ ማዕከል (ሆ.ቴ.ሥ.ማ.ማ.) በ1961 ዓ.ም የኢትዮጵያ መንግስት ከእስራኤል መንግስት ባገኘው ድጋፍ ተቋቋመ፡፡ የተቋቋመበትም ዋና አላማ በወቅቱ በሆቴልና ቱሪዝም መስክ የሰለጠነ የሰው ሃይል ፍላጎት ለማሟላት ነበር፡፡ይህ በኢትዮጵያ በሆቴልና ቱሪዝም መስክ ስልጠና በመስጠት ፈርቀዳጅ የሆነው ተቋም ከራስ ሆቴል ጥቂት ክፍሎችን በመከራየት ስራውን ጀመረ፡፡ የተቋሙም የመጀመሪያ ዋና ዳይሬክተር እስራኤላዊው ሚስተር ዴቪድ ኤፍራተስ ይባሉ ነበር፡፡ይህ ተቋም ላለፉት 47 ዓመታት ኢንዱስትሪው የሚፈልገውን የሰለጠነ የሰው ኃይል በማቅረብ ለሃገራችን የሆቴልና ቱሪዝም ኢንዱስትሪ ዕድገት የላቀ አስተዋፅኦ ያበረከተና እያበረከተ ያለ አንጋፋ ተቋምነው፡፡
ተቋሙ ለቀጣይ አሥር ዓመታት(ከ2008 እስከ 2017 ዓ.ም.) የጉዞ አቅጣጫን የሚያሳይ ፍኖተ ካርታ በማዘጋጀትም በስራ ላይ አውሏል፡፡በፍኖተ ካርታው ላይ የተቀመጡትን ስትራቴጂዎች በመጠቀም ማዕከሉ በቀጣይ በከፍተኛ ትምህርት ደረጃ ሙያተኞችን በማሰልጠን ሃያሶስት ፐርሰንት ብቻ የነበረውን የሰለጠነ የሰው ሃይል ክፍተትን ለመሙላት ይሰራል፡፡ በዚህ አግባብ በቀጣይ አስር ዓመታት ያለውን ክፍተት የሰለጠነ የሰው ሃይል ከሰማንያ ፐርስንት በላይ ከፍ ለማድረግ ከዩኒቨርስቲዎች ጋር በመተሳሰር ስራዎቸን በቅንጅት መስራትና ኢንዱስትሪው ላይ ያሉትን ሙያተኞች የማብቃት፤ የጥናትና ምርምር ማካሄድና የቴክኖሎጂ ሽግግር ተግባራትን ያከናውናል፡፡
Catering & Tourism Training Center (CTTC) is the earliest institute established in 1969 with the objective of producing skilled manpower in the tourism and hospitality industry. It was founded by the Ethiopian government in collaboration with Israeli government. The first General Director of CTTC was named Mr. David Ephratese.
In 2009, the institute was formally recognized as one of the Federal Government executive organs, following the act declared by the Council of Ministers under the proclamation of 174/2009/10. The newly constructed building is located in the neighborhood of Guenet Hotel.
The main objective of the institute is to produce skilled manpower, conduct researches and consultancy related works in the tourism and hospitality industry. Currently, the institute is working on ten years (2016-2025) road map. It lightens the path for the industry. The strategies included in the road map show the increment of the existing 23% skilled man power to 80% within the coming ten years. The training center has planned to conduct research works and provide consultancy services in cooperation with other universities. Capacity building and technology transfer to produce competent professionals in the industry are also among the works of the center.
To benefit the country producing skilled manpower and competent professionals, by providing efficient training, conducting research, rendering consultancy service and exceling its service.
Be one of the five hotel and tourism training centersin Africa by 2025, by providing excelled training, conducting research and giving consultancy service.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The following points are major duties and responsibilities of the CTTC.
- Undertake, on the basis of short, medium and long term plans, pre-service and in service training to produce skilled manpower required by theindustry.
- Undertake studies and research to enhance the growth and development of the hotel and tourism sector, and disseminate the findings.
- Provide consultancy services to tourist service rendering organizations.
- Organize, in cooperation with concerned bodies, seminars, symposiums and workshops on major current issues, research findings and new concepts related to the hotel and tourism sector.
- Supervise, in accordance with the public enterprises proclamation No. 25/1992, its model hotel and enhance the quality of its services.
- Develop its training capability by building its capacity through the use of modern technology and other means.
Establish relationship with local and foreign institutions that have similar objectives.